DEATHWISH on NAILED
Editor Staff, Posts, March 15th, 2015
How to Participate in Deathwish
DEAR KIND PEOPLE,
Please accept this invitation to participate in the Deathwish feature on NAILED magazine. There are 4 parts to the assignment:
1) Have a friend take a picture of you according to the layout featured in the above image. Horizontally justified, a portrait of your upper body and face, eyes trained directly on the camera but with a natural expression, in an environment where you spend a lot of time (could be anywhere). Image should be at least 650 pixels wide, and less than 1000 pixels.
2) Then, PLEASE ANSWER ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IN 300 WORDS OR LESS. DON’T OVER-THINK THE ANSWER – SHOOT FROM THE HIP AND BE PAINFULLY HONEST.
- What thing would you regret not doing the most, before you die?
- What do you think you would want written on your headstone?
- Write about a very specific dream you had where you were convinced that you knew how you would die.
- Have you ever considered suicide? Tried it before? Write about it in as much detail as possible.
- What would be the worst way that you could imagine dying? Why?
- What would be the best way that you could imagine dying? Why?
- If you plan on being cremated, where would you want the ashes to be spread and why?
- Are you afraid to die? Talk about why.
- Do you often think about dying? What are some of those thoughts?
- Do you know how you’d like your funeral to be celebrated? Describe the event in detail, including who is there, what acts they perform, where does it happen, etc.
- Have you ever had a near-death experience? Describe it in vivid detail to the best of your ability.
3) Include the city and state where you were born, followed by the city and state where you currently live.
4) Finally, please invite 3 of your closest friends to participate.
Please complete the assignment in full, and pass a link to this page on to three of your closest friends, who you know will likely participate in the project quickly.
Thanks for your time and attention. We look forward to seeing your work on NAILED magazine.